In an effort to have more consistency across all posts on this site, I will be going back and redoing any page that was added on or before December 2009. I would like them to conform to the current template that is being used, and that means links to bittorrent, a streaming audio player, and new file names with the [Eroyume] tag. I’ve also given careful consideration into redoing the older video encodes to 10-bit. However, this presents a few problems. The first is that it would take quite a while to tweak and filter 130+ videos. I spent many hours trying to get them to perfect, almost-transparent quality. Secondly, I lost the original, raw files in a hard drive crash, and some of them would be difficult to obtain again. In the end, I chose to leave them as is, since I felt it would be too much effort for what amounts to very little gains. The only advantage I can think of would be smaller file sizes and possibly less color banding. You’ll know it’s an old encode when you spot the [H264] tag, by the way.
This will require a bit of work, but rest assured, it won’t cut into my upload time for new releases, and I will continue to add at least one new video every day from here on out. This is similar to say the Twelve Days of Christmas deal that some Japanese music artists like to do. Except with me, it’ll be all-year long. ^_^
Some other things I’m working on:
- I’ve added a bunch of new links to the sidebar. A couple of new blogs have popped up in the past year or two. I’m especially pleased with Amaenbou Dane~ and The Monologues of a Bored Man. At the same time, some of the veteran blogs seem to have died down quite a bit or aren’t being updated at all. Kind of sad to see, but it’d be hypocritical of me to judge, ya know?
- Da Master List! Everyone will bow to it, and it will be holy. No, but seriously, it’s on the way. The site has over 200 uploads now. It’s becoming a database. We need ways to sort through it. lol
- The “About Eroyume” page. “Who is your daddy, and what does he do?”
- “The Music” page. This needs an update badly. I’ll post the date and changes made at the top of that page, so you’ll know when it’s been done.
- New banners. A slogan or catchphrase would be nice, I think.
Until next time, happy ero-ing!